BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Can't is not a Word.....

In the dictionary of the Almighty, can't is not a word. If anything, the Lord is a skilled and highly experienced God in turning the impossibility into breakthroughs.
Imagine a job offer, asking for over a million years experience for a certain job.... Do you think it will be possible to find an applicant for that job? That's a tiny fraction as to how wonderfully powerful the Lord is. He is the only one that can make that thing, which the world says you CANT do, to be the exact opposite.

A testimony about myself, which I'd like to share with you; a few years ago, I was studying for my Masters degree. Towards the end of the Masters degree, the Lord blessed me with a very good job that I could not resist. However,, the job was based, many miles away from my university, which meant, that I had to relocate. This in itself posed a big problem. I was in the middle of writing my dissertation. My supervisor expected that I visit him, at least one a week to go over my dissertation, and by being away from the vicinity of the university, this would have been impossible. Reluctantly, I decided to take a huge risk and go for the job opportunity. My plan was that, one way or the other, I'd find time to travel down to get my dissertation checked by my supervisor.

As time flew by and the demands of the job increased, I realised that I was unable to even look at the dissertation, let alone visit my university. In fact, by the time I contacted my supervisor, two weeks to submission date, he had left the country on vacation!
I was faced with two options: settle for a post graduate diploma, or forget about the course and the thousands of pounds my mother had paid. The word : CANT reared its ugly head! I just couldn't write a dissertation in two weeks! So, I did what I could do best, I prayed. And as I did, I got encouraged, and began to write my dissertation myself. Night and day, I wrote as the Holy Spirit led. I had asked the Holy spirit to be my supervisor, and that's exactly what he did. To cut a long story short, I not only passed my dissertation, I was also given an award for the best performing student of that year. Here is someone who at two weeks before submission date, was considering giving up...Certainly not my doing, but God's awesome power. He alone makes the impossible, possible. In the bible, which is the greatest authority we have in Christ Jesus, the book of Luke 1 v 37 tells us that. With God, all things are possible.

Note the word ALL. There is nothing hard for Him. He created the Heavens and the earth.
Do you know that, there is no situation that Jesus cannot address? Do you know that there is Nothing facing you now that the Lord has not dealt with in the past? You just need to key into that awesomeness. The Lord can heal any kind of disease. He is the manufacturer and as such, would have the spare parts needed! He created the whole universe and can give you untold riches in His glory.
You just have to:
-Meditate on God's word daily : This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.(Joshua 1:5-9).

-0Be strong and unshaken- Do not let fear overcome you. In fact, God hates fear because it drives away faith. It is the exact opposite of faith. Do you know that fear means: False Evidence Appearing Real?. When you want to fear, channel that energy into the word of God. Believe He can! And encourage yourself: Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest (Joshua 1:5-9).

-Pray aggressively : the greatest weapon of a believer is prayer. Pray until something happens
Finally, don't give up. The Lord will never come late. He will never fail or disappoint, just keep pressing.

However, for the above steps to work for you, you have to have a relationship with Jesus. You have to believe in your heart that he is. Jesus offers for you and me, a chance to have a wonderful relationship with God, and for eternal life. Why don't you say this prayers, if you want to have that wonderful opportunity to be able to tap into God's awesomeness and greatness?:
Lord Jesus, I ask that you come into my life and take hold of it. I confess my sins before you and repent of them. Please forgive me of my sins and help me to live above sin. Write my name in the book of life. I enter into your kingdom of life and peace, in Jesus name.

If you said the above prayer, congratulations, you have made the single most important decision in your life. Why don't you look for a bible believing church to worship and grow in your faith. The Lord will surely take you by the hand and lead you through.....

Have a blessed week,
Bimbylads, a growing worshipper

4 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

I just really really loved this post...

Thanks Bimbylads...I'm fired up...

tee said...

such a lovely post! im in a similar position ,though i am actually looking for a job at the mo , and keep getting rejected.... i have had weeks of panic attacks and all , and u are so right about fear , it means the absence of faith.
thanks for this post it reaffirmed what i already belived and knew!! gr8 blog (and the other one too!!)

Bwari Boy said...

Good stuff. Really inspiring. Thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this post. This is exactly where I am at the moment. Working full time, far off from Uni., married and now pregnant and wanting to write my dissertation but lacking the fortitude. Waoh. The course tutor reminded me of the PgDip option... I have paid nearly £10k for this course o!

This testimony has really encouraged me. If God can do it for you, he can do it for me. Amen.