BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Test in Testimony

In life, we face challenges. We have to. Find me a man that has had a smooth life, without challenges and ill show you a dead man. The only ones who have no problems are people that are in 10 feet below. The first time someone told me that every one in life had a challenge or the other, I almost hissed. You mean, legends like Micheal Jackson and billionaires like Bill Gates have challenges? how? I mean, I was young then, and I thought that money could pave your way out of a problem. Now I know that Money cannot do jack for you. Dont get me wrong, poverty is not an excuse, after all, the richest man that ever lived is King Solomon; anointed by God, whose riches will break that of Bill Gates into small change. God desires that we prosper and be in good health. But what I realised was that everyone had challenges, no matter how rich, poor, tall or short you are. Problems have no classification; problems do not interview you before they come to you. They just do. Many times, uninvited. Problems , are like parasites, living off on your energy, tears and resources. They come into your life to cause discomfort, anguish and sometimes death.


But why do we have Challenges? Where is God in all this? why cant we be living a problem free world? Why cant I just get everything I desire just like that? why, why , why? I remember one of my very first challenges in life. It was a challenge to me because I had to solve it myself. There was no mummy or daddy involved. I had to face it squarely. The major challenge for me then was to pass my final exams out of secondary school. I spent many nights depriving myself of sleep studying......... and often times, stopping to ask God why I had to even do the foolish exam.. why couldnt I just go to university like that? why must I get a certain grade to be admitted to my university of choice.... I hated the challenge of studying. To me, it was a major problem, a cause for discomfort. When I finally passed the exams, I was relieved, I was elated, I got on my knees and thanked God for seeing me through..... I had crossed over the challenge.


But surely, a few years after,another challenge surfaced and it seemed like I was back to square one. My goodness, will it ever end? The answer to that is, No. Challenges will never end. Problems will never end, as long as you are alive, and as long as you ave a destiny. The reason is because , whether you like it or believe it or not, a challenge is brought to your life because God wants to promote you. Lets think about this for a second. Think about your last major problem, the one where you thought you would never come out of, but you did. God saw you through it. How has it made you? Stronger or weaker? I am sure that majority would say stronger. A problem, depending on your attitude to it, cannot kill you, it can only make you stronger.


You have got to have a fighting spirit. you have got to say,' no, this problem cannot kill me, because my God will see me through'. what I do when facing a problem is to fast forward in my mind to another 10 years, then I will smile and say, 'well, in 10 yrs sha, this problem cannot be there, so I will survive'...... You have got to realise some or all of the following:


1) To get a testimony, there must be a TEST

2)To score a goal, or to reach a goal, you must join the football match of life- have you seen football players, running and sweating just for one thing- to score a goal!!

3) Each challenge is a stepping stone to greater height. STEP ON IT!!

4) Each challenge is a rope- drawing you closer to God as you lean on him in helplessness.

5) Each challenge is a warning not to be slack in prayer life and your desire to be righteous.

6) Each challenge is a mountain of impossibility crushed to powder with God's mighty hand of possibility.

7) If God chooses NOT to overcome that challenge at THAT time, it does not mean you have LOST. GOD never fails. DELAY is NOT DENIAL- keep hoping, keep pressing, keep on keeping on..... You are not alone

8) NOT MATTER what you are going through, somewhere, someone has been through it, or is going through it... and, that person is surviving...remember Job!!... you too can.. with God nothing is impossible. He can do all things but FAIL.

Are you facing any challenges? dont look at the challenge, look to Jesus. look above the problem... look behind it, look across it; look anywhere but at it. I have collated the following bible verses from an amazing website: http://www.whereisgod.net/stress.htm

When faced with a Challenge- REMEMBER THIS WORDS OF LOVE-

Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:6,8)
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are his everlasting arms. (Deuteronomy 33:27)
Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10b)
You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away. (Job 11:16)

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14)

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all. (Psalm 34:17-19)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What amazing love!! The last few weeks have been so challenging for me, and what I do when I feel the sadness coming, is to turn to that website and begin to silently whisper the promises to myself... try it too!! it works.... and when you have overcome that challenge, don't forget to email me!! lets hear it!! I cant wait to share mine, its almost ready!! lol..

Stay blessed,

Bimbylads- a growing worshipper

prayer point: Oh Lord, turn every mountain of impossibilty in my life to a mountain of promotion in Jesus name...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks dear....i so needed this.

Anonymous said...

This has blessed me in more ways than you will ever know.Thank uou.
God will do wonders in your life.your post just answered every question I asked God recently.

Simi Speaks said...

This post speaks directly to me. My hubby and I made some huge investments a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, those investments "threatened" to wipe us clean. It was scary! We fasted, prayed and then fasted and prayed some more. Nothing seemed to change. BUT He said in His word -"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding". When we started to really speak that word into our situation, things started to change. HE moved our mountain! The process was a real test that only made us stronger spirtually.
Like the saying goes "Oluwa man faye ope le..."

Great job, B!

Anonymous said...

Hi BB.that was really helpful.i once thought challenges were punishment from God and each time i had a challenge,i would ask God "WHY ME?" but now i know better,thanks to u.compliments of the season

aloted said...

Thanks for sharing this...it is always good to be reminded that challenges are there to make us stronger. God bless and compliments of the season

Mimi said...

i've faced some serious challenges this year :) but i know there are more to come but i also know Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world..

How r u bimby?

Jennifer A. said...

Thank God I'm reading this after the new year. This message just did something to be, it's as if my gear is being jacked up to the highest number and I'm pumped up with so much energy to belong to the football team of life's challenges. I feel like nothing can take me down because I am "more than a conqueror," and also I may look at myself and see a soft girl but there is power on the inside of me because "He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world."

Thanks Bimbylads...