BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Be Still


The First time I heard God speak, I froze.

I had been hearing people say ...'God said this...', but I had never experienced it.

I remember feeling sad and wondering what sin I had commited that made God silent to me.

Then one day, I 'googled' it. I typed, " how to hear God's voice'. A number of suggestions were thrown around for me to digest, but I wasnt satisfied.

And then, my mother in law sent me some books to read. Unbelievably, one of the books was titled, " How to hear God's voice."

With the excitement of a little child, I began to practise my Quiet time.

I would pray, sing and read HIS WORD, and then sit still.

really still.

I did it for the first day, I am not sure anything happened.

Then by the third or so day, I heard HIS VOICE.

The I AM.

He spoke to me. Said He loved Me.

I was soo ecstatic. I laughed with joy so deep in my heart.

And guess what? so did HE.
God laughed with me.

He let me know that He had always been speaking.

It wasnt because of my sins.

Only I had never had the time to sit and listen.

Afterall, He is our father.

Every father wants a relationship with his children.

Especially Jesus.

And so, I want to encourage you to try it too.

God speaks.

From Genesis to Revelation, God has been speaking.

And from today, promise you will start to listen to the Awesome God.


Jesus Reigns.



Be Still and Know that I am God. ( Psalm 46)


xxx

bimbylads, a growing worshipper

2 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Yes. He speaks. And you can hear Him in the mysterious of places, but I think one of the best places for me is just in the quietness of my bedroom.

Thanks for this...:)

Rita said...

Yes, God speaks. I think I have been too busy to hear Him. I just ask Him questions then get on with other distracting things.